A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Rosenthal or Anand at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Rosenthal or Anand and the hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments
- Examination of existing restorations-Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Jaw Joint (TMJ) evaluation-Palpation of the joint and determination of any dysfunction